Old November 1st 18, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

Default Happy halloween, and other random stuff

Happy Halloween. I got 2 small bags of smarties("rockets" in canada, I
think, and what are called smarties in Canada are what we call M&M's in
the United States) and 2 small bags of Tootsie Rolls at the dollar
store. If that is not enough candy for however many people come by, I
guess I will turn out all my lights, pretend I am not home, and go take
a bath. If no one, or very few people come by, I will have some candy
for the a while, I don't buy candy very often because I could kinda do
without it.

I considered getting some "Halloween themed" candies, but I am not all
that certain what they taste like, so I decided on some candies that I
like, and at least think, are fairly popular.

I also have put a new post on my yonkoma. Follow the link below, then
scroll down to the lowest one. I don't know if there are any anime fans
besides myself on this newsgroup, but I think if there, it should be
fairly obvious where the inspiration for my characters came from. If
there are not any other anime fans, the blonde with the pigtails is
Usagi Tsukino, and the woman with blue hair is Ami Mizuno, both from the
show "Sailor Moon," and in their "adult" forms, or at least what I
predict their adult forms will look like.

To make this post quilt, or at least sewing related I will mention a
station I found on accuradio (www.accuradio.com) that would make good
background music for quilting. Accuradio has several stations: classic
rock, classical, jazz, and many other genres. However, the one I wish to
specifically mention is a station that has Beatles songs reimagined as
Jazz. The station is in the "Jazz" section and is specifically called
"Composers: The Beatles," and the description is: "Jazz Artists' take on
George, Paul, John, and Ringo."

Two songs that they seem to do a lot is of course "Yesterday," and
"Eleanor Rigby." I have not heard a version of my favorite Beatles
song, "Penny Lane."

If you were invited to a costume party tonight and could step into into
a hyperbolic time chamber and make a costume for it by tonight what
would it be? Something scary, like Dracula or Frankenstein, a period
piece like a Zoot suit, anime cosplay, like Ami or Usagi from Sailor
moon, Big Bird from Sesame Street, the Flying Spaghetti monster, etc. If
you did attend a costume party, perhaps in the last week or so and made
(or even rented) a costume for it, what was the costume that you made.

Just a final thing: I fell asleep on my couch, and it is almost 6 local
time, and if anyone is going to start coming, it should be soon.

--
My Yonkoma: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian0...57680223526176

The E-mail associated with the account is a "spamcatcher" account that I
got to every couple of months to empty out, and anything sent to it will
not be seen for probably several months, if it is seen at all.
Brian Christiansen