Old August 18th 03, 10:18 AM
Kate Dicey

Diana Curtis wrote:

Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay, and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these .. then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

I resisted quilting for a loooooong time! I refused to get into it...
It was hard, but I stuck to clothes and household items like curtains...

I had a small venture when I made a baby quilt for my son, but it didn't
really count! I did a few 'mock quilts' on the serger, with the wadding
unquilted... See, I was trying, but it called!

Then I decided that resistance was futile! I was going to make a PROPER
quilt for my son! A space quilt, with planets and rockets and aliens
all over it... I came here to ask for advice, steered by friends from
other news groups. The advice was excellent: I made a practice quilt of
friendship stars, and then did the Space Quilt. Then another followed
by accident... Then I got into squishies and swaps and wanted a quilt
for me and stared another and got into a couple of other things like the
Row Robin and the Starry Starry Night swap... It's an addiction! I
will never stop!

And this is the best group on the planet for advice about anything from
quilting techniques to blocked drains and HRT! Who needs anything else?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk