Old February 19th 04, 05:11 AM
Pogonip

Penny S wrote:

AmazeR retorted :

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 05:04:35 -0800, Kristi M. wrote:

Any part of it, I guess, David. I apologize. I was completely in
violation of both policies in posting the message, but it was through
ignorance and not intention. It won't happen again. Thank you for
noting the rules for me. I do appreciate it.

--Kristi

Hi Kristi,

It can be a bit confusing sometimes.. esp. when some usenet n/g's
actually accept ads if you put AD in the subject line and also off
topic posts if you put OT in the subject line. I'm learning to look
before I leap!

just curious, what non commercial groups do you read that actually don't
mind ads? I subscribe to alt. montainbike, alt.sewing, rec.backcountry,
rcts, periodically lurk at a few of the scuba and travel groups, read a few
others sports and outdoors ones on occasion, reference the Microsoft group
on an as-needed basis, and I tell ya NONE of them like ads. Some get a
little infested with ads once in a while, which really annoys people but I'm
seriously curious as to what groups really don't mind..?

an inquiring mind wants to know.

penny s

rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit doesn't mind ads.
Posting is low, machine knitting stuff is getting hard to
find. I guess it's sort of supply/demand.

rec.arts.mystery welcomes authors who post promoting their
books. Some regulars will post books for sale or for
free, too.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/