Old July 30th 03, 07:15 AM
H. J. Corney

for rec.crafts.jewelry please peter

opps the Newsnet has turned my UK pound sign into a figure that looks like
"=A325.00"

My fault for not using words instead of currency signs here is a correction
to yesterdays post:

Registration is I think 25.00 UK pounds about 39 US dollars for 10 years.
The actual hallmarking costs a very modest 31p per item. (about 50 cents US)

The hallmark adds considerably more value to the item than the 31p it costs.

In my opinion there is no good reason not to get a hallmark in the UK unless
of course your work is not "up to scratch" in which case they will smash it
to bits and return the broken pieces to the maker.

That's real consumer protection :-) I wish it applied to cars, household
goods etc and not just jewellery.

There is now a "save the Hallmark" campaign c/o

Henry Curteis
"Save the british hallmark"
Ellesmere
Shropshire
SY12 9EG
E-mail

Please write to your MP if you live in the UK and care about our traditions

You can find your MP at
http://www.parliament.uk
and your MEP at
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/area/uk/meps.htm

Cheers all from Hillary who has had a name mark since 1975
--

Hillary Corney

Designer Silversmith and Jeweller
http://www.designersilversmiths.com