Old October 26th 03, 03:14 PM
Amber

The glaze you would want to use is called under glaze. You can put this
glaze on either green ware or bisked ware. But if you put the under glaze on
while it's still green you would than want to put a clear coat on.
My instructor showed us an example of what happens when he put a glossy
glaze on a green ware pot. It ran down the side of the and left a ring at
the bottom because the glazes had nothing to stick to.
A.G.

"NoSpam" wrote in message
Thanks for the info.
No.. I have not yet put any glaze on greenware...

I was just thinking about it and I did not understand "why not"...

I think, I will try "slip" type first...

Thank again....

"NoSpam" wrote in message
Why can't one put glaze on Greenware? I don't understand...
I think the glaze would just soke into the greenware and leave the color
The glaze is just a glass sealer. What would happend if one glazed
greenware?
Does the greenware shrink in the kiln? Can someone explain?

Thanks...