Old April 29th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Disappearing Nine Patch - Math help

I'm with you, Dannielle. If we were doing one of our Pat on Her Hill's
creations, I just might be willing to cut something point oh something - but
for the 9-patch? Heck no. Just couldn't matter that much. Today I came
across a recipe that called for 2/3 of a teaspoon. Decided a generous heap
of one-half ought to do. Has anybody ever even seen a measuring spoon for
thirds? Polly

"dbeitzell" wroteAlright! I just did one, I put the original squares at 4
3/4", cause
who on earth puts thirds on their rulers? NOBODY! With a scant 1/4"
seam allowance and the horizontal and vertical cuts at 6 1/2", once
sewn back together this block rocks!

I have decided that this might just be "THE" block for my black and
tan quilt. I will make it a different size, however, like start with
all 5" blocks and roll on from there. As long as they are all the
same, it shouldn't matter.

One of these days I will make a Yellow Brick Road quilt. I swear!