Old August 18th 03, 10:56 AM
Sharon Harper

Cheers Helen!

That's why I loved doing this Row Robin (and the Round Robin preceding it).
It has made me gradually step "outside the square" and do things I wouldn't
normally do. And I can't wait for next time either!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Helen Hansen-Pye" wrote in message
Hi Diana

I got into RCTQ by being bored on teh internet one day. My husband
suggested that I might enjoy newsgroups since I find surfing incredibly
boring. Well, in a nutshell, he was wrong, in a nutshell most newsgroups
are incredibly boring. Just alot of little minds who are sure that what
they have to say is of some importance......EXCEPT RCTQ. I know I dont

post
often, but I always read! I just love the newsgroup. I have got files of
posts that I have kept because thay have touched my heart in some way

(most
of Mr Bear for example), or because thay have naswered a question. My
bookmarls are full to groaning from the wonderful urls some of our more
patient ladies post (thank you from the bottom of my heart whoever it was
that showed me the Quilter's Cache site!!)

I came to be a quilter by reading Laura Ingalls Wilder as a child. I so
wanted to be just like her, but we just didnt have the same kind of life

and
I dont think my mother ever will understand the idea of cutting up fabric
just to sew it back into a sqauare again! I taught myself out of library
books and magazines (and of course all you fine ladies.) I have attended
one class and only went once cos it was so bad!!

In my quilting future I hope to find the courage to step away from doing
what I always do.. I love the traditional blocks, I just cant get my head
around the art quilt or applique to be perfectly honest. One day I will
work it out!

Cheers and kia ora
HelenNZ
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits

up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to

do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if

you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay,

and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these ..

then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored