Old July 11th 03, 09:37 AM
Kate Dicey

Elena wrote:

Did I use that word right? kvetching? like looking over someone's
shoulder in a card game and giving unwanted and revealing advice?
Well I "could" complain that my iron has no cover over the steam hole.
So if I get really fast, the water sloshes back out of it, and it's REALLY
HOT water too! I don't know how many times I stop to iron out the water
spots in the ironing board instead of the fabric. LOL
Then you could comiserate, which is sort of like complaining, just in
the second person tense.
I think the Rowenta I want is called DM-886. Heavy, No Auto-Off,
Covered fill hole, and Selectable Steam as in, I can push the button and
lock it down for steam, or release it and no steam, even if I'm on a hot
setting like Cotton.

Elena

After several years hard wear, several rapid descents to the floor, and
water courtesy of Blue Circle (cement manufacturers!), my lovely Rowenta
P2 Professional is slowly dying of iron fatigue... It will last a few
months yet, but being an older model (about 5 years old now), I don't
think we can get spare valves and such. Part of the plastic casing,
into which a screw fits, is busted, and all the rubber seals are slowly
stiffening. I'm thinking of getting a steam generator one, and want to
know which models are good. Remember I'm in the UK, using 240v
electrons.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk