Old September 3rd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default I won a ribbon!

That's the way my guild does it, too.

Julia in MN
Pati C. wrote:
Congratulations. Great little quilt.

Understand about the stress.... one reason our local show requires entry
forms with a pic of the quilt, even unfinished, but in progress, due
more than a month before the show. G Also lets the layout person
figure out which quilt will hang where. Easier to adjust for no-show
entries that way. (of course we usually have well over 300 quilts to
display, too.)

Looks like a great show.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

teleflora wrote:
I was stunned that I won a ribbon for this little quilt. I woke up at
5 last Saturday. We were taking in quilts for the show for this
weekend and I knew I was going to be stressed and I fell awake waaaaay
too early.

It's not like me to start sewing that early. I've stayed up that late
sewing, but I am NOT a morning person.

Anyway, for some reason, this quilt was calling me. I started it a
year ago and had yet to sew the binding on. So I got it out and
finished it.

We took in quilts from 9 till 3 and had 169 quilts. I entered all the
information as we went along. Got behind because people WOULD not
quit talking to me :-), and ended up lugging 35 quilts home with me
because I couldn't remove the paperwork from the quilt. Got done
entering all that information into Access on Saturday night.

I spent all day Sunday ( my birthday!) merging the information into a
Word document, and cutting and pasting it into a Publisher document
because that's what the printer people insist on.

Had it to the printers by noon on Monday (that was the stress part).
They finished the booklet at 4 o'clock Friday afternoon.

Judging was on Thursday afternoon and Friday. I got to sit in and
scribe for the judge for awhile. Most interesting and informative.

We set up for the quilt show all day Friday - one of my favorite days
of the year. I get to handle every quilt because I do the hang tags
and insist on placing them myself.

Our show started at 9 this morning and I was at the auditorium at 7.
I finally left at 4. I found the show chair and said, "I'm tired and
going home. I know everyone else is tired too, but my give-a-damner
is broke, so I'm leaving."

The show also runs tomorrow from 1 - 4, but there are plenty of people
to help, so I won't be going in.

We had a dozen vendors and I did my part to make sure they come back.
Bought a couple of kits, some fabric from a woman who owns Nana's
Pretties. She travels the quilt show circuit - she's from Oregon. We
kept asking her via email when she said she'd like to come - you do
know we are in Pittsburg KANSAS, right? People get confused. I
bought one of those magnetic pincushions that somehow straightens all
your pins so they lay across the little ditch and are easy to pick
up. Bought a bunch of hand dyed fabric. Couple of books.

Came home, ate, and slept for 3 hours. Waiting for my pills to kick
in so I can go back to sleep and I am going to play all day tomorrow.

Anyway, if you want to see my quilts and a couple others from the
show, here's the link

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

They are in the Quilt Show folder.

Cindy