Old September 2nd 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

Default I won a ribbon!

Congratulations on your well deserved ribbon. Thanks for providing a taste
of your quilt show!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
back to quilting, as usual
"teleflora" wrote in message
I was stunned that I won a ribbon for this little quilt. I woke up at 5
last Saturday. We were taking in quilts for the show for this weekend and

knew I was going to be stressed and I fell awake waaaaay too early.

It's not like me to start sewing that early. I've stayed up that late
sewing, but I am NOT a morning person.

Anyway, for some reason, this quilt was calling me. I started it a year

ago
and had yet to sew the binding on. So I got it out and finished it.

We took in quilts from 9 till 3 and had 169 quilts. I entered all the
information as we went along. Got behind because people WOULD not quit
talking to me :-), and ended up lugging 35 quilts home with me because I
couldn't remove the paperwork from the quilt. Got done entering all that
information into Access on Saturday night.

I spent all day Sunday ( my birthday!) merging the information into a Word
document, and cutting and pasting it into a Publisher document because
that's what the printer people insist on.

Had it to the printers by noon on Monday (that was the stress part). They
finished the booklet at 4 o'clock Friday afternoon.

Judging was on Thursday afternoon and Friday. I got to sit in and scribe
for the judge for awhile. Most interesting and informative.

We set up for the quilt show all day Friday - one of my favorite days of

the
year. I get to handle every quilt because I do the hang tags and insist

on
placing them myself.

Our show started at 9 this morning and I was at the auditorium at 7. I
finally left at 4. I found the show chair and said, "I'm tired and going
home. I know everyone else is tired too, but my give-a-damner is broke,

so
I'm leaving."

The show also runs tomorrow from 1 - 4, but there are plenty of people to
help, so I won't be going in.

We had a dozen vendors and I did my part to make sure they come back.
Bought a couple of kits, some fabric from a woman who owns Nana's

Pretties.
She travels the quilt show circuit - she's from Oregon. We kept asking

her
via email when she said she'd like to come - you do know we are in

Pittsburg
KANSAS, right? People get confused. I bought one of those magnetic
pincushions that somehow straightens all your pins so they lay across the
little ditch and are easy to pick up. Bought a bunch of hand dyed fabric.
Couple of books.

Came home, ate, and slept for 3 hours. Waiting for my pills to kick in so

can go back to sleep and I am going to play all day tomorrow.

Anyway, if you want to see my quilts and a couple others from the show,
here's the link

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

They are in the Quilt Show folder.

Cindy