Old August 30th 03, 02:16 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I have a friend named Dian without the e. She calls herself Eless online.
LOL Maybe you can have John and Hless or noH.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"The Nielands" wrote in message
Both my sister and I are married to men named John/Jon -- and John happens
to be Jon's uncle. That's been fun! We've tried "Big John" and "Little

Jon"
(they didn't like that!), "Old John" and "Young Jon" (that was even

worse!),
"John With an H" and "Jon Without an H" (too long), and then tried

"Louise's
John" and "Peg's Jon" (we're just careful who's around when we start using
that terminology!). Most of the time, though, we just use Uncle John and
Jon.

Then, we got a new niece and nephew (Peg's and my brother adopted two
children). So, we got them used to having two Uncle Jo(h)ns. Can you

imagine
their confusion, though, when they went to the East coast to visit their
mom's family and were introduced to yet another Uncle John? I guess they
both kind of stopped and looked at each other for a little bit and then
decided that EVERY uncle was named Jo(h)n!

Louise in Iowa
"frood" wrote in message
. com...
Our kids have 2 Aunt Stephanies, and 2 Uncle Steves. One Stephanie is
married to one of the Steves. We are constantly saying "no, not that

Steve,
the other one. The one with the beard." Or "no, not that Stephanie, the

one
that's married to Uncle George." If Spike and Giles had been boy/girl

twins,
we considered naming them Steve and Stephanie, just for fun.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
m...

"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
There's a couple in our area named: husband - Gene; wife - Jean.

How
confusing would that be!?

They did it to themselves.

I have enough problems with a SIL with the same name. If my spouse had

the
same first name, I'd definitely pick an alias to go by! LOL

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps