Old February 2nd 05, 06:32 PM
Pati Cook

For a really nice, and quick quilt that is gorgeous made up in flannels,
look for a book(let) titled "Mulberry Lane". (Don't remember the author
off hand, but it is one of those sort of skinny books, that is stapled,
I think, No real spine to it.)
This book has several really nice quilts in it, and one is "Chantilly".
all HSTs made from 7" squares (if I am remembering right). Key is the
setting, it looks like large interlocked, sort of, diamonds.
There are also a couple of nice applique quilts and a few more fairly
simple pieced ones.
Great little book.
(I have 2 different quilts from this book started and on my "to be
finished soon" list.)

Nana, I hope things go better with your Dad soon. and that the
presentation is wonderful

Pati, in Phx

NanaV wrote:

So, in case anyone noticed my disappearing act a few days ago till now, my
Dad wasn't feeling well and I was putting my energies elsewhere. Since
there were about a million messages when I got back on line I had to (sigh)
mark them as read and move on. I'm likely to disappear from time to time it
seems. Especially since this morning a friend of mine died and I have a
wake and such to go to. I was also asked to sing at the funeral so that
will take additional time. I send good wishes to all that need them and -
if I ever get some sleep - I will even happy dance!

I have the presentation of the Anniversary Quilt I made this coming Sunday.
I'm really looking forward to it. The few people involved that have had
sneak previews have said they really think it's beautiful. It really isn't
beautiful but it did come out as well as I hoped it would.

I have been trying to figure out what quilt to do next. I have decided it
will be a "house" quilt (meaning one for DH and I to grab when we want. I'm
really so tempted to try a flannel quilt especially since so many of you
said it wasn't all that difficult to handle the flannel instead of cotton.
I just have to find the right pattern. I saw the most spectacular flannel
quilt years ago. It had a fussy cut floral in the center (similar to a
diamond in a square pattern) and then had complimentary colors making up the
edges. It was in dark "country" colors (browns, beige, tan, etc.) which I
don't usually care for but it was striking. I'm thinking of doing a similar
on in blues, greens and yellows to go with the living room. Although I
could also make a throw for the bed room. Well, I guess it's time for a
trip to the fabric store (what a chore but I'm willing to endure it for the
good of my art).

Nana