Old January 28th 05, 09:48 AM
Roberta Zollner

After quite a few years of experience, I now like it all. Except for
hand-stitching the binding. And ripping out mistakes.
Roberta in D

""Pussywillow" Volfie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I was piecing a block today and it occured to me that there are very
specific parts of building a quilt that I like and very specific parts I
don't like (or don't like as much).

I like looking at patterns and designs and dreaming up quilts.
I like finding, buying, washing, ironing, cutting the fabric.
I like cutting out stuff I can cut with a rotary cutter.
I like working with patterns and putting the pieces together for sewing.

I'm not so wild about the sewing part.

I like trimming the sewn pieces to make them square.
I like ironing them open.
I like pining those pieces together for the next stage.

Then I'm back to the sewing which I don't like so much.

Once the whole top is assembled, I've pretty much hit my "I like" limits.

I don't like sandwiching the layers together.
I don't like basting.
I don't like quilting although if someone does all the other steps for me,
will stipple my brains out -- the only quilting I love, love, LOVE to do.
I don't like putting on the binding.

I DO love looking at the finished quilt.

Now if I could just find a partner who likes doing the parts I hate, I
could
make a quilt about every other day or so.