Old February 12th 04, 10:08 PM
Karen C - California

In article ,
(F.James Cripwell) writes:

I think we need to be careful as to what is meant by "large". The
smaller the count, the larger the piece will be physically, but to me
"large" means the number of stitches.

I'll second that. I've seen some very tiny "large" projects, what for most of
us would be a 14x20, comes out as a 5x7 because it was done 36-count over 1.

I happen to be one of those wackos who does over-1, and I like to think that
when I put a hundred thousand stitches into something that it's appreciated for
the time it took, and not brushed aside because it's only 5x7.

FWIW, I once did two similar pictures, one on 14-count and one on 18-count.
Although they were about the same number of stitches, the one on 18-count took
longer to finish; I had to be more precise about placing the needle. I suspect
that if I timed myself on 14-count and on 36-count, the difference in
stitches-per-hour would be pretty dramatic. But that's going to wait until
after allergy season, when I can SEE 36-over-1! dang white goo in my eyes

I have, racked up on scrolls but unstarted, Silver Lining's "Humboldt Coast".
I had to go out and buy extra-long scrolls for that one. I think the scrolls
were 36", and as a back-up, I bought a set of 48s, just in case. DBF finally
has a place to display something that large, so I'll have to get hopping on it.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html