Old February 22nd 07, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default OT: The Congenitally Grammar-Picky (was OT Grammar Book New Log Cabin Quilt)

WitchyStitcher wrote:
It's the pronunciations that get to me. I have been stressing to my
students that if they pronounce words correctly, they will be more
likely to spell them correctly.

Then I walked into a 5th grade classroom where the teacher had written
the date as Valentines Day, Febuary 14, 2007.

ARGH!!!

My nit-pick of the moment is There's/Theirs and there/their/they're.

Oh, and spelling and grammar checking on the computer that tells me I
have it wrong when I write a sentence of 40+ words with three sets of
parentheses...

Then there's the split infinitive no man has splat before.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!