Old February 22nd 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default The Congenitally Grammar-Picky (was OT Grammar Book NewLog Cabin Quilt)

warsh (as in wash)
are when it should be our
masonry said as masonary.

Just a few off the top of my head.
Is this good for your recovery pig?
Taria

Debi Matlack wrote:
pig, I sympathize with the obsession over language and usage. My current pet
peeve (and I've sent multiple emails to the about it) is the inability of
any reporter on NPR to pronounce the word 'veterinary' or 'veterinarian'
correctly. The'er' is dropped from the word entirely. While I may be willing
to overlook the pronunciation as a regional dialect in some cases, not so
from the mouths of press professionals!