Old January 1st 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Dennis Brady

Default cutting surface

On Dec 29, 9:53*am, Chemo the Clown wrote:
On Dec 27, 9:05*am, "Terra" wrote:

* * I'm looking at a table made of a sheet of plywood for cutting on, 1"
thick and very hard, but I've been offered a formica bar countertop. It's
hard and smooth, plus even the smallest flakes and shards will come off
cleanly.
* * What are you guys using?

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Ditto on the Morton surface. For tiny pieces you need to cut, simply
put about three layers of newspaper down and cut on that. Then you can
pickup the newspaper and dump the shards in the waste can.

The Morton system is made from poly and will wear quickly. The
"waffle grid" system from Cutters Mate is made from Lexan and wears
considerably better. Also, the pieces can be clipped together either
with open grid or smooth surface facing up ( to provide a smooth
surface for cutting pieces so small they would otherwise fall into the
grid openings), For multi-angle cutting, there is nothing available
in the industry better then the Cutters Mate "Beetle Bit" system.

Dennis Brady

Victorian Art Glass - www.vicartglass.com
DeBrady Glassworks - www.debrady.com
Master Artisan - www.masterartisanproducts.com