Old December 28th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Adrian

Default cutting surface

HI Folks

I'd vote for the Morton surface...

- the way it's made, all the tiny glass chips end up in the
'waffle-holes', rather than on the cutting surface, on the glass, in
your thumbs

- clean-up from time to time just uses a hoover or a big plastic 'bin-bag'

- the various Morton 'widgets' make repetitive, accurate cutting easy
(if that's what you're doing)

- glass lies flat on the surface & doesn't slide about

Drawbacks..? - can be more trouble than it's worth if cutting tiny
pieces of glass (for fusing ..?) - so you need a small flat surface also

Wouldn't be without it g

Regards
Adrian
www.inspired-glass.com

Moonraker wrote:
Forget the formica. The glass will slide around on it, making it difficult
to hold in place while scoring.

One of my worktables is plywood surfaced, the other is carpeted. I've also
seen the Morton surface used successfully.

"Terra" wrote in message
I'm looking at a table made of a sheet of plywood for cutting on, 1"
thick and very hard, but I've been offered a formica bar countertop. It's
hard and smooth, plus even the smallest flakes and shards will come off
cleanly.
What are you guys using?