Old February 2nd 05, 02:09 PM
Melissa in NJ

Default ANNOUNCING OFFICIALLY - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (February's Blocks)

NOTE: This post will be longer than my subsequent monthly postings because
it is the first and there is a lot to say...so please bear with me!

Melissa in NJ
quiltngryhndlady at comcast dot net

Since the idea of having an RCTQ block-of-the-month (BOM) was so well
received, it is now official!!!! This is the
2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month!

How this BOM works is I will post two block patterns each month near the
beginning of each month. One pieced and one applique. They will all be
available for free from Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache website. It is up to
you whether you would like to do the pieced block or the applique block (or
both!). You will work at your own pace over the course of each month. You
keep your blocks. You do not mail them to me. At the end of the year you
will have twelve blocks to set into a quilt. You keep the quilt. You do not
mail it to me. You will then have your very own 2005-2006 RCTQ BOM. At that
time I will collect pictures of the finished quilts (and perhaps of the
blocks along the way too) so we can all see how different each quilt looks
even though we all started with the same block patterns. When I announce a
month's block patterns, I will also include the previous months' as well so
if you decide to join along the way you will have all the blocks. Pieced
blocks will be 12" in size and applique blocks will be 8" in size. This is
driven by what Marcia has available in quantity on her site. Feel free to
size up/down if you so chose.

This BOM will run from February 2005 through March 2006. This is how the
schedule breaks down:
February 2005-January 2006: Monthly blocks
February 2006: Completing the Top (setting,sashing, borders, etc.)
March 2006: Completing the Quilt (quilting, binding, labeling, etc.) - Done!

Marcia has a pin rating on her site that rates the level of difficulty of
her block patterns. For the pieced blocks only, for the first four they will
be a 1 pin rating. For the second set of four they will increase in
difficulty to a 2 pin rating. The final set will be a three pin rating so we
are challenged along the way. Don't worry. Marcia's instructions are great,
and I won't pick the terror block from heck either!!! Because there are less
Applique blocks to chose from, those will all be mixed and matched between 2
pin and 3 pin ratings with no particular pin rating order.

With that here are February 2005 blocks (Month 1):

Pieced (12" finished):
http://www.quilterscache.com/V_Z/Wat...tionBlock.html

Applique (8" finished):
http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/FolkFeathersBlock.html

I'll post March's at the beginning of March!

Thanks for playing!!!!

--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply