Old September 24th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Default Focus on Design: Storm at Sea

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Sew, do you have a Storm At Sea Quilt? Steve in Alaska said he made one
ages ago. I hope he posts a photo of that one. I have been 'saving blues
& greens' for one for ages. Maybe this thread will give me the push to
start! How about you?

Mum's first quilt was a SAS. I picked out the pattern and the fabric.
It's on my bed right now (it still keeps my toes warm). I did not pick a
light, medium and dark- I picked a light, another light, and a medium,
because I wanted all lavender. Um, the contrast was not enough there-
this is a design that needs the contrast.

She did it all by hand, and it has held up to daily use over the past
20+ years.

-georg