Old July 22nd 03, 07:13 PM
Country Sharon

Hi Kathy,
Congratulations on the quilts.
If your going this year to the fair, go to the California State Fair Web
Page. They are having a pre order special on tickets, if you get them before
Aug 10th. They can be used on any day but the opening one, which if your
brave to try it cost only $1.50 to get in. We are going to try this year if
the weather gets cooler.
I love looking at the quilts at the fair, and watching them hand quilt.
Take care, and have fun if you go.
Country Sharon
-85

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
y.com...
Toot! Toot!

Sunday was a good day for my ego. (Monday was too, but it was also a day
from h***, so it didn't count! LOL)

One customer dropped by to say a quilt I did for her several years ago

took
Best of Show in her guild's show. A couple of hours later, another

customer
called to let me know that one I did for her not only made it into the
California State Fair this year, but took a first in group quilts. Yippee!

Guess that means I'll have to go to the state fair for the first time

since
high school marching band, when we had to march there in 105 degree

weather
in wool uniforms...

Monday I got a call from a customer -- "When my daughter picked up her
quilt, she started crying" Uh oh! What did I do???? "She loves it -- it's

so
beautiful!" Whew!!!!!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps