Old September 26th 04, 08:33 AM
lula

I have many of Cece's (Thread Gatherer) hand dyed threads......Cece
actually dyes all her own threads which are all natural materials.

The threads are mixtures of several different color shades and not as
subtle as some of the other overdyed threads although there are some
subtle colors but overall, The Thread Gatherer is a very unique line of
threads and silk ribbons in their own special colors......it would be
difficult to convert any of these colors to floss colors due to the
unique gradations of the overdyed colors.

In my collection are overdyed threads made of 100% silks, blends of 50%
silk and wool, 100% flax, 100% lambswools, 100% silk chenilles and silk
ribbons.......the gradation of colors on the silk ribbons are utterly
wonderful creating lovely shades when stitched in SRE techniques. It's a
pleasure to work with these threads for all types of needlework.
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Dr. Brat wrote:

Linda Wright wrote:

"Jacqueline" wrote in message ...

The only Thread Gatherer fibers I'm familiar with are overdyed, so the
answer would be no, there isn't a conversion to DMC. Does anyone know any
differently?

I went to the web site and yes, they are all overdyes. However, no
one locally carries Thread Gatherer. I can get Weeks, Gentle Arts and
Caron. . . .'

In my opinion, it is worth it to mail order Thread Gatherer threads
rather than trying to find a conversion. They are truly fantastic
threads. In my opinion, Thread Gatherer silks are superior to Caron
silks. They don't really compare to Gentle Arts and Weeks, because they
are not (to my knowledge) cotton, but silk, wool and silk/wool blends.

You can order them he www.threadexpress.com

Elizabeth