Old February 24th 04, 03:34 AM
Carl West

Des Bromilow wrote:

The jeweller who was providing the information indicated that I'd be better
learning to solder in silver, and then moving to gold.
His reasoning was the disparity in costs, but more importantly that silver
is less forgiving, and therefore harder. Basically if I can solder silver,
I'll have few problems in gold. - IS THIS CORRECT?

Yup. Silver conducts heat _far_ better than gold.
When you can control the heat in silver, working gold will be a cakewalk.

--

If you try to 'reply' to me without fixing the dot, your reply
will go into a 'special' mailbox reserved for spam. See below.

--
Carl West http://carl.west.home.comcast.net

change the 'DOT' to '.' to email me

If I had six hours to chop down a tree,
I'd spend the first four sharpening the axe.
- Abraham Lincoln