Old March 10th 13, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Default Finding an old style tool

OMG never heard of this before, dangerous, so much good stuff, things
that I've been looking for, for years. Thanks.

Janner
France

On 08/03/13 11:42, Kay Lancaster wrote:
On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 22:45:40 +0000 (UTC), NightMist wrote:

So I have this old bodkin that I have been using for sequins and beading
and the like.
Now that I have a dancing daughter I find I am getting a lot more call
for such things. I used to do them but seldom for there hasn't been
much call for such fancies these last couple of decades.
I should like to get another bodkin like the one I have as the current
one is rather ancient and I fear some bit of it will become damaged. To
give you an idea of how old it is, the handle is faux tortoise shell made
of celluloid, so at least a hundred years or thereabouts.

I don't recognize it by the name of bodkin (which to me, is something you use
to pull ribbon or elastic through a casing), but search "tambour" he
http://lacis.com/catalog/

Or maybe a zardosi needle? http://www.aiacaonline.org/pdf/zardo...umentation.pdf