Old June 17th 05, 05:05 PM
Felice Friese

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Yesterday i was ironing , when i saw that This old tablecloth with the
wide xst stripes, has given up ,, the middle just gave up and sliced
open like a wound.... It is a very old tablecloth, I inheriyted it
from someone who inherited it, Must be at least 70 years old. I picked
it up and put it before the window, the many places where it is almost
seethrough = worn out , makes it useless to patch it [ But this fact i
already knew several years ago] ,, so i need to give some thought to
the xst parts... which i will cut out and reuse.
Shall i use it as a whole ? adorn a new table cloth with the old part
? shall i cut it into pieces and use them as i need / want adoened
parts , just like i do to my own ,,, unused works ???
We shall see ,,,,
mirjam

Is it possible to reuse some of the stitchery on place mats? I had a
treasured tablecloth that eventually just wore out along the fold lines, and
I recut it to use as place mats and napkins.

Felice