Old August 10th 03, 01:45 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"saucy" wrote:

I'm going to upgrade my kiln very soon. The one I have for glass is to
restrictive in space and I want to do some large pieces.

I wanted to know if anyone had some good suggestions, experience, etc. for a
kiln. I would like it to have at least a 12" height, and at the very least
17" wide.

Money is somewhat limited, I can't spend $4,000 for a super duper model, but
I can look at pieces under a thousand. I would like to have a kiln
controller with the kiln and would like advice and experience as well.

Thanks!

Starlia

Evenheat makes very good, very affordable glass kilns. I've had one
for... my gosh... over six years, and never a bit of trouble. Bullseye
uses Evenheat kilns for their compatibility test firings, or at least,
did when I worked there... I consider that a good testament to their
durability.

You might also try posing your question to the WetCanvas glass forum,
http://www.wetcanvas.com.

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org