Old December 10th 04, 12:31 AM
Mike Behrent

The January issue of Sew News has a good detailed article about making roman
shades. It's worth reading and shows a solid mounting arrangement as well as
construction.
"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:56:46 GMT, Elizabeth Young

wrote:
Kay Lancaster wrote:
A 1" square of velcro, epoxied to a brick, and the other half epoxied
to a wall, will hold the brick.

Oh yeah!
Epoxy

Well, because I'm a cheapatarian, I'd probably skip the velcro and
cover a mounting board with a piece of fabric that had a flap to which
I could sew the top of the actual blind. Sew the blind to the flap with
a couple rows of straight stitches, 6 spi or so, so it's easy to rip
out if you need to take the blind down for washing or such, and
then screw the mounting board to the window area, with the screws hidden.
Then you can take everything down easily, leaving nothing more than a few
screw holes to fill when you decide to do something else entirely.

Kay