Old December 13th 04, 10:31 AM
Kate Dicey

Debra wrote:

Kate, I think I've found the reason the sticky back velcro didn't work
for me, but did for you. I too have only used the Velcro brand, on
several projects, but I live in Virginia in the south eastern USA. We
have a humid climate, especially during the summer. The only way the
sticky back glue would hold up here is if it were used in an area
totally climate controlled. I've considered the sticky back Velcro to
be junk for years because of my own experiences with it. I had no
idea it could be the fault of the climate rather than the product's
glue.
Debra in VA

It can be pretty damp here in the UK as well, and the bit that failed
first was the bit right above the fan light that spent time open in all
weathers and ALL summer, rain or shine. However, I don't think it's as
humid here all year round as where you are.

In high sun areas I have known it dry out and fail also. Again, it took
several years.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk