Old July 22nd 05, 06:47 AM
DrQuilter

Yeah, I don't like it either. Like when the doctor tells me "Hi Marissa,
I am Dr. X" I feel like saying "To you, I am Dr. Vignali, OK?". Even if
they are 'using' their profession in those circumstances, I don't want
to be talked down to...

Polly Esther wrote:

I am about to show you my worst side. Maybe not. Please just let me ask for
your feelings on a situation. You are in a doctor's office. You wait two
hours. You fill out a mountain of papers for information that could easily
have been obtained from the documents already on file. You are not feeling
very well.
Then this cutsey-poo person pops her head from the doorway where
patients who haven't managed to die of old age or aggravation in the waiting
room finally get to go sit in yet another room for an hour. The ultimate
insult: She yells, " Polly!"
If it's not a terrible burden, I like to be called Mrs. Esther by total
strangers. I am also okay with being addressed as Her Highness, Miss
America, 1917 and "Honey, where did you put the . . . ?"
Does this lazy familiarity gall anyone else with its rudeness? just
wondering. Polly

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)