Old July 22nd 05, 04:20 AM
maryd

Mary is far from uncommon. I recently had an appt with a new dr in a major
medical center and they called for Ms Mary D****

--
Mary

"pewter" wrote in message
m...
: I'm new to this group, but I have to say that I noticed that the last time
: was at the clinic, they don't use last names to call the
patients...because
: of the "privacy act". So, since my name is fairly common, Pat, isn't it
: possible that there might be three or four with the same name jump up and
: charge towards the nurse? Some things are just plain silly.
:
: "maryd" wrote in message
: ...
: number one: I wouldn't have waited 2 hours. number two: I would have
: answered in just a loud voice, I'm Mrs. D. and prefer you call me that,
: honey. g
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:
: "Polly Esther" wrote in message
: ink.net...
: : I am about to show you my worst side. Maybe not. Please just let me
ask
: for
: : your feelings on a situation. You are in a doctor's office. You wait
: two
: : hours. You fill out a mountain of papers for information that could
: easily
: : have been obtained from the documents already on file. You are not
: feeling
: : very well.
: : Then this cutsey-poo person pops her head from the doorway where
: : patients who haven't managed to die of old age or aggravation in the
: waiting
: : room finally get to go sit in yet another room for an hour. The
: ultimate
: : insult: She yells, " Polly!"
: : If it's not a terrible burden, I like to be called Mrs. Esther by
: total
: : strangers. I am also okay with being addressed as Her Highness, Miss
: : America, 1917 and "Honey, where did you put the . . . ?"
: : Does this lazy familiarity gall anyone else with its rudeness?
: just
: : wondering. Polly
: :
: :