Old July 22nd 05, 04:12 AM
pewter

I'm new to this group, but I have to say that I noticed that the last time I
was at the clinic, they don't use last names to call the patients...because
of the "privacy act". So, since my name is fairly common, Pat, isn't it
possible that there might be three or four with the same name jump up and
charge towards the nurse? Some things are just plain silly.

"maryd" wrote in message
number one: I wouldn't have waited 2 hours. number two: I would have
answered in just a loud voice, I'm Mrs. D. and prefer you call me that,
honey. g

--
Mary

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
: I am about to show you my worst side. Maybe not. Please just let me ask
for
: your feelings on a situation. You are in a doctor's office. You wait

two
: hours. You fill out a mountain of papers for information that could
easily
: have been obtained from the documents already on file. You are not
feeling
: very well.
: Then this cutsey-poo person pops her head from the doorway where
: patients who haven't managed to die of old age or aggravation in the
waiting
: room finally get to go sit in yet another room for an hour. The

ultimate
: insult: She yells, " Polly!"
: If it's not a terrible burden, I like to be called Mrs. Esther by
total
: strangers. I am also okay with being addressed as Her Highness, Miss
: America, 1917 and "Honey, where did you put the . . . ?"
: Does this lazy familiarity gall anyone else with its rudeness?

just
: wondering. Polly
:
: