Old July 22nd 05, 03:58 AM
maryd

number one: I wouldn't have waited 2 hours. number two: I would have
answered in just a loud voice, I'm Mrs. D. and prefer you call me that,
honey. g

--
Mary

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
: I am about to show you my worst side. Maybe not. Please just let me ask
for
: your feelings on a situation. You are in a doctor's office. You wait two
: hours. You fill out a mountain of papers for information that could
easily
: have been obtained from the documents already on file. You are not
feeling
: very well.
: Then this cutsey-poo person pops her head from the doorway where
: patients who haven't managed to die of old age or aggravation in the
waiting
: room finally get to go sit in yet another room for an hour. The ultimate
: insult: She yells, " Polly!"
: If it's not a terrible burden, I like to be called Mrs. Esther by
total
: strangers. I am also okay with being addressed as Her Highness, Miss
: America, 1917 and "Honey, where did you put the . . . ?"
: Does this lazy familiarity gall anyone else with its rudeness? just
: wondering. Polly
:
:
: