Old August 19th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Default The K-Mart special

We still have a Ben Franklin. It's about 30 minutes from me but that's ok.

--
Cindy from MO

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Aug 19, 9:04 am, "Anna Belle" wrote:
K Mart bought Sears (I think) a couple of years ago. Both now sell
the same brands. After or just before the buyout, a lot of K Mart
stores closed their doors.
Anna Belle in Palm Bay where we have the sole K Mart store remaining
in Brevard County.

I don't think we have any K-Marts left. We lost Woolworth's way back
in
the mid-80's. Target seems to be going strong, with "super stores"
now,
like Walmart.
Does anyone else remember the dime stores called "Ben Franklin" and
"Kress"?

Sherry