Old September 3rd 03, 03:40 PM
Charlie

Ah, but I did ask him to go cheaper or throw something in, and he said he
couldn't because the manufacturer only sold it to him for a little less than
he's selling it on. He wouldn't throw anything extra in so I left it. At
the end of the day, if you're not as cheap as the others then you lose out!
I can't help it if I'm not able to part with that extra money, if I hadn't
had found the deal I did it would have meant buying the next model down,
which I didn't want to do.

Charlie.

"Pam Runyon" wrote in message
ALWAYS. Ask the dealer for a better deal. Most of the time they will

work
with you to get closer to that 'steal of a deal' that you can buy on the
net.

Independent dealers may offer an extra product, a walking foot or a

ruffler,
maybe a thread set. They are there to help you and want your business.
Give them a chance.

As for learning all there is to know from the manual, a good dealer can
teach you soooooooooo much more. They have years of experience and many
companies offer ongoing training to keep your local dealer on the cutting
edge. The book is just the most basic of info.

Sorry to rant, but I spent 20 years in the business and your local dealer

is
a really underused and undervalued resource.

Pam

PS. If you don't like your dealer keep looking until you find one that

you
can work with. Good luck
"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote

in
message ...
It's not for the one 20 minutes for the person who buys the machine,
silly, it's for the X number of 20 minutes they spend showing it to
however many people look before someone buys one. And if they knew you
were not going to buy from them, I bet they wouldn't want to spend the
time trying to sell the machine by demonstrating it.

Charlie wrote:
Indeed, but not £200 for 20 mins.

The reason the store sells them for more is because they take the time
to demonstrate it for you.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa