Old February 13th 04, 06:51 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Embroidery is washable, unless you are using some finicky threads or
grounds that caution "do not wash".

Try rolling it, rather than folding it. If you don't have a tube long
enough, and a fabric store near you, ask if you can have one of the
empty tubes that so much fabric comes on these days. Or purchase a tube
at an office supply store or local post office.
Dianne

Denise B wrote:

(CowieLuv) wrote in message ...

My project is of the South Portlandhead
Lighthouse in South Portland, Maine. It is 48"x48" at 14 count aida.

That big for just ONE lighthouse?! Wow. My current biggie is a map of the US.
About 20 x 24 or so. Is this your only project for now?

cowie

Hi -

Yes it is my only project for the time. I fell in love with this
lighthouse years ago and had to stitch it. My concerns with it are
several - I am doing it in hand and I am folding it. I've gotten it
out of the plastic container I had it in, but I am so concerned about
dirt. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Some had asked if it was
a solid stitched project - yes it is.