Old December 2nd 11, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

Default First step in shopping for a new machine-the viking dealer

On Dec 1, 10:40*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Ah. *Let me say a few kind words about Switzerland workmanship. *I just
overcast a hem on 16 fleece crib blankets for Newborns in Need in under 3
hours. *Those folks surely know how to make a fine SM. *That makes me smile;
all the way around my head. *Polly

"betsey" wrote in message

On Dec 1, 10:21 am, "KT in Mich" wrote:

Not sure if there is much difference, but you may want to check out the
Viking Sapphire 875Q. I absolutely love the features on it.

KT. in MI

"betsey" wrote in message

I checked out the viking 870 and 850. wow! lots of new stitches and
stuff that my 350 does not have! and, i really really liked the
machine. But...the stitch quality was no different from my 350.
that's not a bad thing, it's just a thing. i'm quite happy with the
350 in many respects.- Hide quoted text -

hi KT--

i was told that the 875 and 855 were made in china, wheres the 870 was
made in sweden....

betsey- Hide quoted text -

Yes-those swiss machines are a marvel! which model do you have???

betsey