Old October 25th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

Default The Power of Being Established

wrote in message
ups.com...

glassman wrote:
Anyone agree?

--

Nope.

I believe the job volume on stained glass work is down because of the
Chinese imports. In the past, people believed stained glass was
valuable and were willing to pay for it. Low price imports have
created the impression that stained glass lamps and windows are
something you can buy at Home Depot, Costco, and Walmart.

However, I do agree that having an established business provides a
distinctive advantage. Because established businesses enjoy that
advantage, I tell newbie "basement bandits" to price as low as they
can. That's the only advantage they have to compete with established
businesses. Aggressive marketing helps too.

Dennis could you give us the names of just a couple of your students that
are making a primary income doing glass, by taking your advice?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com