Old March 17th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default looking for beveled glass

Talked to Pam Shimp, Sales manager at Houston and what you see in the
new catalog is what they got. No more stained glass supplies. They've
been closing all that stuff out since last year. Gecko, Spectrum and
Pilkington glass only plus their line of bevels and clusters and some
wrought iron stuff. No BE, Uro, Kok, etc.

Andy

Javahut wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote in message

"Glassman" wrote in message
news

I think that Houston is now officially out of the SG business.

I got an emailed "flyer" from them just yesterday. What makes you think
they have shut down?

Alive and well and adapting to the economy, they are selling everything with
their brand on it that they import from China, and a little Spectrum.
Bevels they have, Gecko Glass and their own brand of imported tools and
such, their catalog is alot smaller, they are trying to stay alive in a land
of fuel surcharge shipping, which has put them at a disadvantage..