Old July 20th 03, 06:38 PM
Dr. Sooz

You're thinking of vermeil. Gold-filled is better and more long-lasting than
vermeil. Also -- you'll have to have an asking price for the 18k-and-up
jewelry that will be prohibitive to most buyers.

Yes, but for selling finished work that you've invested a lot of time in,
isn't 14 or 18k at a minimum, more desireable? I see gold filled clasps that
look nice now, but won't they wear off and be cheap looking? Obviously I
don't know much about this. I guess I should research what the gold filled
is, actually. It seems that if I put so many hours into a piece that should
last a lifetime, I'd want to have solid gold findings... I appreciate the
input, thanks.

~~
Sooz
-------