Old February 14th 04, 04:25 AM
nzl*

Hey Polly,
is that how you hide all that stash you keep buying?

Hey Tess,
joanns aslo has a lot of cheap (omg you can see right thru it) thin fabric,
not always the best to use. the quality can make a big difference in the
finished quilt. not all their fabrics are like that though. if you know how
to tell them apart you'll be ok. iirc they also charge more for the better
quality, as would be expected.
sorry those sentences are out of logical order, brain is real hot and tired
after two full days on the road throwing flowers at people.
early night tonight for this little star*****
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Polly Esther" wrote...
Good fabric, great price. That would call for you to check out
www.fabric.com. Not a huge selection, and their fabric is not always
wonderful (although they very sweetly will take it back and refund). Right
now they're having a Valentine special and will send you the whole place for
about $5 shipping (in the US) regardless of how much you order.
And a word of warning. They do lots of things to keep their prices down.
One time they shipped my fabric in a box obviously printed for a defunct
sausage company. It was printed: Sausage, perishable. Refrigerate
Immediately. Always helpful, my sweetheart quickly put my box in the deep
freeze.
Gotta love 'em. Polly

Tess wrote...
Well, I just happened upon this site (thanks to my husband) and asked a

question about a quilting program (looks like I will be buying the EQ5!)
The responses have been quite helpful, so I decided to ask all of you where
I can get good fabric at a great price? I look on Ebay and see that I can
get a FQ for $4.00, or fabric for $10.00/yd. I know that I can go to JoAnn
Fabric and get a FQ for $1.29, and fabric for about $3.99/yd, but I don't
always have the time with two children
and their choices in fabric leave a lot to be desired. I would
appreciate any suggestions of places online to buy fabric. Thanks so
much!

Tess in Hastings, Minnesota