Old August 24th 03, 06:26 AM
Nell Reynolds

I am a coward. Playing with the top tension sounds too much like playing
with dynamite to me.

Nell in Austin

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Diana, if your bobbin tension is set fine then you should only need to

adjust
top tension. (Unless you use a thread on the bobbin that is significantly
heavier than usual) You should learn to play wiht the top tension to use
different stitches and different top threads.

Pati, in Phx.

Diana Curtis wrote:

Tension problems are not fun. Im thinking next time I need to meddle

with
that I best pour myself something wild and wet or smoke something a bit
relaxing and play with a bit of material i no longer care about. Can

someone
tell me, do we fiddle with the top, then if that seems fine tune up the
screw in the bobbin case? Thats how i generally do it, but if there is a
better way I would love to know it.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"sdgodfrey" wrote in message
et...
My sewing machine already has a mark for the 1/4" seam. That's not my
problem. Well...it's not my main problem. LOL I start sewing and by
the time I get to the end of the 6" square, one square is sometimes up
to 1/8" longer than the other. I'm beginning to think my tension

needs
adjusting. But I dread to think of messing with it. :-(

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

| I did a LOT of
| ripping out. How hard can it be to sew two 6" squares

together?????

| Very hard - ask me how I know...
|
| Check your seam allowances at all the same, if you are using a

quarter
| of an inch then put some masking tape on the bed of your machine 1/4
| inch away from the needle and then run the fabric alongside that
| whilst sewing, and you should get identical seams... just a

thought...