Old January 28th 04, 09:12 PM
annemarie

"Lcdumas" wrote in message

I mainly make functional stoneware pieces fired to ^6 in an electric
kiln. I want to experiment with some fun textering and embedding and
was looking for ideas. For example, I know a potter who occasionally
fires some pieces wrapped in gauze and has even done a couple of
pieces where she wrapped slip dipped gauze around a balloon, popped
the balloon when slip was dry

Not-too-well mixed slip applied is nice. Cheesecloth dipped in slip.
Extrusions from the little tiny hand-held extruders. Textured and torn

pieces
applied.

Linda D

Lace too, I have not done it but apparently cotton lace works best. I have
some lace that I bought to do this with, but just haven't yet. )