Old June 6th 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann

Default Storm at Sea

SAS was the cover quilt on the first issue of American Patchwork &
Quilting back in April, 1994. It was designed by Marti Michell. I
was a novice quilter, saw the picture, thought I'd try it. I went to a
quilt shop to buy fabric (because I didn't have enough). I cut out
the pieces, assembled them, followed all the instructions (Marti used
a skinny flap in the border), and quilted-in-the-ditch. It turned out
very nicely. I knew nothing about cutting patches on the grainline,
about matching points to keep triangle corners from getting cut off!

Nann

On Jun 5, 8:05*pm, Dannielle wrote:
Ok, I know that this one is calling me, so I'm starting to look at the
patterns now (well, not RIGHT now, but you get the idea). *Is the
pattern at Quilter's Cache necessarily the best/easiest method of
creating this pattern? *Is there another one out there (preferably
free) that does a better job of explaining the blocks?

What is your preference and why?

Dannielle