Old February 11th 04, 03:36 PM
Bonnie Patterson

I must add my 2 cents here.

My first job was in a high end department store, the CANDY department.
Our chocolate was all hand made, hand dipped, hand packed, etc. Very
expensive! We had a special cold room for storage, and our sales cases
were temperature controlled.

I sold and hand packed, "one of those, three of that, etc.", all day
long. Then one day I discovered that I could no longer smell that
wonderful chocolate. Did I eat any? Of course I did, a lot in the
beginning, finally I would eat one piece of that fine chocolate every
morning. Never wanted anymore.

That was about "????", oh my, a looong time ago. My sense of chocolate
smell came back after I left that job, I'm very thankful for that!

Bonnie, still snow covered in Middletown, VA

Now, if only I could smell and taste properly, I could start candymaking!

You smell just fine from here. You're a little too far away for me to taste
you, though. (besides, I'm not really in the habit of walking up to people
and licking them. I leave that job to my dog. *grin*)