Old February 1st 04, 01:54 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Its that time again! FAQ

Welcome to RCTQ, a usenet discussion group of
quilters. We want to read all about your quilting activites, and
welcome questions. We may even come up with some helpful answers!
But we do have a few requests, to keep this NG moving along. We
ask that you do not post pictures here, but we love to click on links to see
your quilts
elsewhere. Please, no advertising .rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace is the
appropriate place for ads.

Do your best to remember to put OT in the
subject line of off topic posts. Try to remember to trim the original post
to the most relevant bits. Change the subject header if the thread changes
its topic from the original This is a short overview of the ettiquette of
this group, for a more detailed version please go to:
http://scican2.scican.net/haxton/RCTQ/FAQ/index.htm

What is a Hug, and how do I contribute?
Hugs are quilts made by this group to help someone through a life altering
event, and let them know how much we care. Karen, Queen of Squishies,
maintains a Hug list. When a Hug quilt is needed someone will contact Karen,
and she in turn sends an email to
everyone on the Hug List with instructions and color preferences, date due,
and the reason for the Hug. Its always your choice to participate or not.
Hugs can be made without going through Karen and the list as well. Anyone is
welcome to start a Hug,
when they feel the need is enough. A very touching explanation of Hugs will
follow in post in this thread.

What is a Squishie?
A squishie is an envelope that comes to you, thats slightly fat and
squishie. It can be a bit of fabric someone knows you'll love, or a birthday
surprise, the main thing is that when a squishie comes in the mail it makes
you feel like smiling. The same thing happens when you send them out, oddly
enough! When thanking someone for a squishie please try to contact them
privately, off the list. If you arent able to most of us don't mind sharing
in the joy of a public thank you. A follow up post with a more eloquent
explanation will follow this post.

What is a Thunkie?
Its similar to a squishie but it can thunk instead of squish and hold
interesting things related to quilting, like chocolate or special things we
quilters find indespensible for quilting.

Diana
--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker