Old August 29th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default People powered machines [was Got me a treadle!]

Ginger in CA wrote:

Question on hand-cranks. I have several old machines, like a 66-15 and
15-91, and would like to find out where to go to get one of them
changed to a hand-crank. I think. Does anyone use a handcrank? How do
you manage with only one hand to handle the fabric?

My boys do it as team work! One turns the handle and the other steers
the material. It works ..... mostly. They successfully made a ragged
denim quilt for their dad with it.

Lizzy