Old August 21st 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carol S.

Default Got me a treadle!

Folks:

I'm getting a little envious of all of you with treadle machines. My 40
yr. old White Elec. Sewing Machine head was picked up today & is in the
shop for repairs that may cost me $250.00. I've been told more than
once that I have a very good machine. It certainly is heavy lifting the
head into position in its cabinet. They don't make them like this
anymore & that is why I decided to have it repaired instead of buying a
current portable machine.

When my mother-in-law passed away, we gave her Singer Treadle to our
son, so at least it is still in the famly. He doesn't use it, but is
proud of it.

My bar-tacking of 3,000 plus fabric yo-yos into a bed coverlet kind of
led to the demise (temporarily) of my White machine. And I wasn't even
half-finished with the assembly! Oh, well ... I will finish the project
eventually. I'll move on to some decoupage & painting on a small table
to tide me over.

Take care, friends.

Carol S.