Old January 9th 04, 09:00 PM
Sharon Harper

Absolutely! That's what I did - I went and got red hair, bought and paid
for it was! I'm thinking of redding my red in a week or so!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Well.. ya know how it is Miz Butterfly... even if we thank the wrong

person
our mothers would be proud of us for remembering the good manners they
taught us.
And you know... you *could* go ahead and *get* red hair... if'n you wanted
to!
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Unless'n you been hit by the STASH RAIDERS and they think YOU are the
Red-Headed-Wonder but you do NOT have red hair
Butterfly (Still grinning over this one)
"Sarah Curry" wrote in message
And thanks, Diana (and thanks, Carolyn-in-Harlingen, who started this
bit, long time ago). It's changed (and nicely, I think).

But speaking of squishies (which we weren't, but kinda were, now that

got to this), those who SEND them might do WELL to include your e-mail
addy, either inside, or on the return address .... unless it's to be
completely anonymous.

And those of you who GET them (and don't have an addy to respond
privately to (see above, you senders)), can just post a "looking for
XYZ" or "XYZ, e- me privately", in lieu of public thanks. If that
doesn't work, then look in the Directory (although lots of us aren't

in
it; just chose not to be) ... or if all else fails, contact one of the
"regulars" (again, privately). LOTS of us (not me, lately) keep a

whole
'nother list, and chances are, you can FIND your "squisher" (you would
be the "squishee" ... and ain't it FUN?)

Grins,

Sairey (who still thinks a private gift should be acknowledged

privately
... see the extension of this "FAQ" post, about squishies)

Diana Curtis wrote:

Welcome to RCTQ, a usenet discussion group of
quilters. We want to read all about your quilting activites, and
welcome questions. We may even come up with some helpful answers!
But we do have a few requests, to keep this NG moving along. We
ask that you do not post pictures here, but we love to click on

links
see
your quilts
elsewhere. Please, no advertising .rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace

is
the
appropriate place for ads.

Do your best to remember to put OT in the
subject line of off topic posts. Try to remember to trim the

original
post
to the most relevant bits. This is a short overview of the

ettiquette
of
this group, for a more detailed version please go to:
http://scican2.scican.net/haxton/RCTQ/FAQ/index.htm

What is a Hug, and how do I contribute?
Hugs are quilts made by this group to help someone through a life

altering
event, and let them know how much we care. Karen, Queen of

Squishies,
maintains a Hug list. When a Hug quilt is needed someone will

contact
Karen,
and she in turn sends an email to
everyone on the Hug List with instructions and color preferences,

date
due,
and the reason for the Hug. Its always your choice to participate or

not.
Hugs can be made without going through Karen and the list as well.

Anyone is
welcome to start a Hug,
when they feel the need is enough. A very touching explanation of

Hugs
will
follow in post in this thread.

What is a Squishie?
A squishie is an envelope that comes to you, thats slightly fat and
squishie. It can be a bit of fabric someone knows you'll love, or a

birthday
surprise, the main thing is that when a squishie comes in the mail

it
makes
you feel like smiling. The same thing happens when you send them

out,
oddly
enough! When thanking someone for a squishie please try to contact

them
privately, off the list. If you arent able to most of us don't mind

sharing
in the joy of a public thank you. A follow up post with a more

eloquent
explanation will follow this post.

What is a Thunkie?
Its similar to a squishie but it can thunk instead of squish and

hold
interesting things related to quilting, like chocolate or special

things
we
quilters find indespensible for quilting.

What are all those abbreviations?
LQS Local quilt store
TSWLTH The store we love to hate aka Joann fabrics.
DH, DS, DD, DSM Dear Husband (or dratted, danged etc.) Dear Son or

Dear
Sister, Dear Daughter, Dear Sweet Mother.
S.E.X. we use this manner of spelling to discourage trolls from

seeing
it...
it means Stash Enhancement eXpedition or fabric shopping!

What is the Directory or how do I get someone's address?
A directory of everyone who chooses to be in it is updated two times

year. Watch the newsgroup for posting about the next update. Only

people
who
are listed in the directory are allowed to have it. No one is

allowed
give the information in the directory out to anyone who isnt in it.

Not
everyone chooses to be in the directory, so how do you get someone's
address? Ask them for it. Its ok, it wont spoil the surprise if you

wait
till they forget you asked. Or, ask someone else to ask the person

if
its ok
to share their address with you. Be sneaky. Its ok.

Trolls and flame wars... what are they and what can be done about

them?
Trolls come to groups to try to stir up trouble. The best advice is
ignore them. Its fun to poke at them or treat them as legitimate

posters
but
they thrive on attention.
Flame wars are discussions that get out of control and angry words
are hurled about with abandon. Its easy to get caught up in the heat

and
say
things that are regretted later. We all have bad days. All of our

words
are
open to interpetation, lets all try to give people the benefit of

the
doubt
and believe the best of them and their posts.

How do I find an old post?
Go to

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...roup=rec.craft
.textiles.quilting or use http://tinyurl.com/rab3 , thats the url

made
easier,.and use the search option, remembering to use the "look in

this
group only" function. If you still cant find the information youre

looking
for then feel free to ask the group.

Please take the time to read the followup posts in this thread. Some

of
the
most touching tributes to this group and the love we generate is

there
for
you to savor. Good info on picking out a good sewing machine will be

found
there too.