Old October 15th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice

Default Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

I finished making 9 paper pieced blocks. Last April I won a "Tin Box
Sampler Series" of gorgeous crackle charm fabrics as a door prize. The
pattern is "Courthouse Steps". Now I just have to put them together and
finish the 12" X 12" project. I had plenty of time to sew as DH and all
three sons were at the Penn State football game....they won't be happy when
they return home today!

Alice in PA

"Kate G." wrote in message
I didn't get any sewing done... but did receive a special goody in the
mail! Nancy's Notions had advertised a great deal on thread with a nice
storage case AND a sewing machine travel case. I splurged. It came today.
I am so excited!

I hope to get back to work on the DWR tomorrow.

Friday I bought fabric to be ready to jump right in on joining my guild
BOM's from last year (need the top assembled by our November meeting).
That will be a simple sashing -- 3 narrow rows of fabric (dark purple on
the outside - white in the middle) with 9 patches in the cornerstones.
You can see the EQ version in my webshots folder. All 24 blocks are
finished. It is just the sashing I need to complete.

So hopefully by this time next week... the notorious DWR will be on its
way to the long arm quilter in Minnesota... and the Purple/White BOM will
be ready to go when I get the DWR back!

Kate in MI