Old July 7th 03, 11:57 PM
CLP

Thank you all for answering me and Alia, thanks for the welcome! I can't
quite picture in my mind, Dr. Sooz, how you maintain the even tension of the
warp threads if you're holding them in your hands, unless you tie them all
in a knot and hold that? I wish I could come over and watch for awhile. I'd
bring the coffee if ya want...

I find that advice - to try it before I invest - to be kind of funny, since
I do tend to go overboard. Do we know each other? I feel like a cartoon rat
attracted to all those glittery things and find myself gathering, hoarding,
even to the extent of buying pounds of beads on EBay and separating them to
stretch my post employment budget. One box becams one case, then two and
three, and Oooh look at THIS bead!! Ohmygosh look at THOSE!! (intake of
breath, palpitations) I need purples..

I see the weaving and amulet bags and crochet necklaces and have to
practically jumpstart my heart. I see the lampwork or whatever this torch
meets glass and becomes amazing scenes and faces and color combinations is
called - and I am stunned to silence! I've spent a lot of years behind the
computer monitor working for someone else, using creativity based on pixels
and points, bezels and curves and three letter extensions. Being freed from
the daily grind of that, I can't tell you - finding this group as a bonus -
I feel like a prisoner who's been released from death row! I want to do
everything, try everything, learn, learn, learn. This takes up so much less
space than my looms and wheel and pottery stuff, knitting, crocheting,
mosaics and all my other endeavors always have. It's win, win!

I wish I could absorb all the available info at once and see all there is to
see. When I'm not studying all the links (thank you so much, Sooz) and
google searching info and reading books about it I'm spending hours and
hours a day with these smooth, shiny, multi-hued lovelies. Making one thing
after another. Selling these, giving away these. Beads make smiles
everywhere they go, like magic. Now you think I'm totally goofy, right?

Oh well, the time has come to fess up. My name is Christy and I am a
beadaholic.

"alia" wrote in message
om...
welcome to rcb i loom but i dont use a loom that elaborate. you
can get one at joannes for like $7, and you can do quite a lot with
that, plus, in my experience, it is not all that easy to see for
looming, so u may want to try it out first before you invest.

i didnt read all that dr. sooz wrote but i am sure she has excellent
advice, i dont off loom bead because i like using a grid... looming
is great for a grid best wishes to you, and i hope you enjoy
whatever you do!!

alia